On the South Island adrenaline junkie tour you'll tick off most of your bucket-list! During this New Zealand adventure trip there are 30+ activities to try
Join us on this South Island adrenaline junkie tour for eleven unforgettable days exploring Christchurch, Wanaka, Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef Glacier and Punakaiki – with the option to visit Milford Sound along the way.
Get ready to experience it all with our New Zealand adventure trip! Want to leap from the very place that bungy jumping was invented? You can! Perhaps you yearn to take on New Zealand’s highest bungy? Step right up! Want to experience a high-speed jet-boat ride through a canyon close to where jetboating was invented? You got it!
Ever thought about strapping yourself to a beautiful stranger and then leaping out of a plane? We can arrange that! Want to hike the blue ice of a glacier after a breathtaking helicopter ride? We know the place to go! Fancy a scenic flight over two World Heritage Parks? We’ve got it covered.
If you’ve ever found yourself wondering what a Canyon Swing is, we’ll help you find the answer – and hold your hand on the way there! If paragliding has been your dream, we know where to get the best air – and dream views!
And let’s not forget all the other included sights and activities you’ll experience over your 11 day action-packed South Island adrenaline junkie tour in New Zealand. You’ll be strolling secluded beaches, traversing jaw-dropping mountain ranges, paddling a Māori waka, staying in a lush rainforest, being wowed by the stars at an International Dark Sky Reserve, admiring turquoise lakes, intriguing rock formations, blue glaciers, picturesque cities, quaint gold-rush towns and carving your own greenstone pendant – phew! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this adventure started!
Adrenalin Junkie Tour Tips:
Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can\’t always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Christchurch with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The New Zealand adventure trip price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online.
New Zealand adventure trip itinerary
Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- We'll explore some creative ways Christchurch has rebuild itself before heading to the striking lakes and mountains of Tekapo. If you're a budding astro-photographer, tonight is your night!
MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- You could start your day with a flight of a lifetime before we take a road trip to the place where you can seriously shred your bucket list - or at least shorten it.
- The Quintessential Queenstown Question: what're you going to do? Skydive! Bungy! Canyon swing! Milford Sound! Get into whatever adventure floats your jet-boat, for one of the most exciting days of this South Island adrenaline junkie tour. Then ask your guide the best place to eat.
Queenstown to Wanaka
- Crossing the mountains into Wanaka is a short but superb drive. Our Haka Tours Founder can personally recommend skydiving in Wanaka - it is how he arrived at his own wedding!
Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Take in more of Wanaka before we see more epic scenery on the way to the UNESCO World Heritage area famous for its spectacular glacier.
- Explore blue-tinged icy crevasses on a guided heli-hike adventure, or perhaps kayak on a glacial lake; or just relax in steamy hot springs. Today you'll carve your own pendant.
Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- We get off the beaten track and head up the West Coast where a rainforest retreat is home for the next two nights. Unplug and rest before tomorrow's leg of this New Zealand adventure trip.
- A giant stack of stone pancakes is a must-do today! Geology rocks. Seriously. Go kayaking, explore Paparoa National Park, or simply enjoy the beach near your rain forest home.
Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Golden beaches, tranquil lagoons and crystal clear waters await exploration! We'll arrive in time for an opportunity to get the lay of the land from above with a skydive.
- A full day to enjoy and explore this pristine area. Take a hike, go for a kayak, or go canyoning: jump, slide, abseil and zipline your way down a river.
Abel Tasman to Wellington
- You'll enjoy some essential NZ experiences on our last day of this South Island adrenaline junkie tour. Learn to paddle a Maori canoe, visit a winery and sample mussels before catching the ferry.