Join this Scapa Flow scuba diving holiday in Stromness, Orkney Is, Scotland to dive a scuttled German fleet from 1919 widely regarded as one of the best wreck dives
Join this dive trip to the infamous Scapa Flow in the Orkney Islands. There are 6 nights of accommodation including in Stromness and 5 days of diving with 2 dives per day.
Of the 52 vessels sunk, seven remain on the seabed and it’s these awe-inspiring wartime ghosts that attract divers from around the globe each year. Join this Scapa Flow scuba diving holiday in Stromness, Orkney Is, Scotland for probably the best UK wreck diving.
There are four German cruisers still on the seabed in Scapa Flow in around 36 metres of water. These smaller wrecks offer an easy introduction to the complexity of a warship, with the SMS Koln, still relatively intact. The three battleships remain the main draw to Scapa Flow, though.
Resting upside down on the seabed at a depth of around 45 metres, these massive hulks often seem impenetrable at first sight. However, with careful exploration, they come alive and start to reveal their secrets
This Scapa Flow scuba diving holiday in Stromness, Orkney Is, Scotland includes:
• 6 nights’ accommodation at Number 15 Divers Lodge, Stromness
• 5 days diving (based on 2 dives per day)
• The use of a single 12l or 15l cylinders
• Use of lead weights (please bring your own belts)
• Air fills (nitrox available charged extra, trimix by prior arrangement)
• Complimentary tea, coffee & biscuits. After dive pints of tea served as standard!!!!
• Accurate, in depth, multi-media dive briefings and history talks.
Our hosts have over 40 years combined experience diving the German Fleet. This is the only boat offering this level of briefing in Scapa.
On-board catering: We are well known for their delicious homemade food, cakes, bakes and snacks. The on-board catering options will be advertised prior to departure.