This North Island multi activity adventure tour of New Zealand is full of excitement. Adventure across the North Island for 1 week enjoying its many highlights.
The North Island is filled with surprising contrasts: from the idyllic Coromandel where you can soak in a hot pool dug in the sand, venture through a geothermal wonderland of geysers, take a side-trip to Middle Earth-esque countryside, have underground adventures in caves lit by glow worms, and admire lush rainforests and even a volcanic desert – you’ll be amazed by it all.
This small-group guided North Island multi activity adventure tour of New Zealand will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupō, and Wellington, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Glowworm Caves and the Tongariro Crossing along the way. You can choose to travel from Auckland through to Wellington, or take the reverse itinerary.
As with all our tours, we do include a few ‘must-do’ events including a Māori cultural night and traditional Māori hāngī dinner cooked in an underground oven.
You’ll see a massive range of optional activities available to add to this New Zealand North Island tour package, from bungy jumping and white water rafting to canopy forest zipline tours and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
Accommodation is included on the last night of your New Zealand North Island trip, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your stay.
North Island multi activity adventure tour of New Zealand tips:
Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can’t always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland or Wellington with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for the one-night shared cultural experience (Murupara).
Plan for this 1 week North Island multi activity adventure tour of New Zealand
Auckland to Coromandel
- Let's start as we mean to go on: road-tripping through epic scenery on the way to epic destinations! Tonight we soak up the beachy vibes of the Coromandel
Coromandel to Rotorua
- We'll explore Cathedral Cove by foot or by kayak, then wend our way through middle-earth like country before arriving in Rotorua
- Welcome to the geothermal mecca that is Rotorua! Today you can tick white-water rafting, zip-lining and river sledging off your bucket-list.
Rotorua to Murupara
- When we get to Rotorua we'll visit a geothermal valley and meet kiwi birds before we visit a living Maori village to learn the haka and eat a hangi.
Murupara to Taupo
- It's only a short drive to our next destination, but there's heaps to discover! We'll see mesmerising mud pools and the thundering rapids of the Huka Falls.
- Today you can relax in a thermal hot spring, tick off some more bucket-list items or take a guided walk of the Tongariro Crossing.
Taupo to Wellington
- We'll drive across a volcanic plateau and head to Wellington where film buffs can make a pilgrimage to Weta Workshop, and everyone will savour great food & drink.