Join the North Tian Shan climbing school on a Kyrgyzstan mountaineering trip. Programmes for beginners and experts plus 6 or 12 day options including Ala-Archa Gorge
This Kyrgyzstan mountaineering trip is a course is specially developed for mountaineers and climbers who want to combine learning of new skills and exploring new destination and culture.
Skills and knowledge taught at North Tian Shan climbing school
• Introduction to basic climbing equipment;
• Attaching to the rope and other climbing knots;
• Moving efficiently over rocky ‘scrambling’ terrain;
• Belaying and protection techniques on rock, ice and snow;
• Use of crampons and ice axe on snow and ice;
• Taking coils and moving together with the rope;
• Short rope techniques for different types of alpine terrain;
• Safe glacier travel and crevasse rescue;
• Descending on snow and ice;
• Alpine navigation and interpretation of maps and guidebook;
• Preparation and selection of climbing equipment;
For advanced mountaineers:
• To give you the full range of alpine rock climbing experiences;
• To coach and develop your existing climbing skills, which in turn will build the confidence needed to climb safely and efficiently in this challenging environment;
• To enjoy some high-quality, classic alpine rock routes;
• Appropriate route selection for prevailing conditions and abilities ;
• Moving together with the rope on different types of alpine terrain;
• Safe glacier travel and crevasse rescue;
• Interpretation of alpine conditions and weather.
Area of training during Kyrgyzstan mountaineering trip.
Being located on 3300m in Ala-Archa Gorge in North Tian Shan mountains, Ak-Sai Glacier is one of the most popular and spectacular places for mountaineering and climbing. About 150 routes from the simplest to the most complicated walls lifting up to 1100 m have been travelled there. The summits lift up to the altitude of 4895 m (the highest point of the range is Semenov Tien-Shanskyi Peak). Routes are rock, combined, seldom ice and snow-ice. The rocks consist of tough granite and granodiorite. The difference of altitude is till 1100 m. The difference of altitude is till 1100 m.
The amount of precipitation attains 690 mm p/a. The least amount of precipitation falls in September while the largest one is in May and June. The average temperature is +12 C in spring, -7 C in winter, and +30 C in summer.
It takes one hour drive from Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan, then and three-four hours of hike from the road terminal in Ala-Archa Gorge to Ak-Sai.
Prices for North Tian-Shan climbing school in 2021:
Programme 6 days in mountains
Group of 1 person USD 355 per person
Group of 5 people USD 225 per person
Group of 10 people USD 220 per person
Programme 12 days in mountains
Group of 1 person USD 495 per person
Group of 5 people USD 290 per person
Group of 10 people USD 255 per person
Services included in Programme Price:
Certificate of Mountaineering & Climbing School
Certificate of ascents issued by Kyrgyz Alpine Club
Registration with local Rescue Service
Airport-Hotel transfers in Bishkek (return)
Transfers from Bishkek to Ala-Archa Gorge (return)
– – in Bishkek: – 2* Hotel or Guest House – for 3 nights including early check-in
(Note: Prices for 3*, 4* and 5* Hotel accommodation in Bishkek are available on request.
– – in Ala-Archa National Park: Ak-Sai Mountain Hut
Programme for 6 days North Tian Shan climbing school:
Day 1. Early morning arrival to Bishkek. Airport pick-up, transfer to the hotel. Rest. Last minute preparations, shopping. Hotel 2* / Guest House
Day 2. Morning transfer to Ala-Archa Nature Park (1 hour). Trek up to Ak-Sai Mountain Hut, 3200m (4-5 hours). Overnight in the mountain hut. Ak-Sai Mountain Hut
Days 3-7. Acclimatization and training. Ascent to the peaks of 4 000 m - 4 800 m. Ak-Sai Mountain Hut
Day 8. Trek down to the Nature Park, transfer back to Bishkek.
Option: Sightseeing around Bishkek. Hotel 2* / Guest House
Day 9. Early morning departure. No accommodation
Programme 12 day Kyrgyzstan mountaineering trip:
Day 1. International flight - no accommodation
Day 2. Early morning arrival in Bishkek. Airport pick-up. Transfer to Hotel. Rest. Last minute preparations, shopping. 2* Hotel / Guest House
Day 3. Morning transfer to Ala-Archa National Park (42km, 1 hour drive). Trek up to Ak-Sai Mountain Hut at an altitude of 3200m (4-5 hours trek). Overnight in the Mountain Hut.
Days 4-13. Acclimatization and training. Ascent of peaks of 4000m - 4800m. Accommodation in Ak-Sai Mountain Hut
Day 14. Trek down to the road-head of the Ala-Archa National Park. Vehicle transfer to Bishkek.
Option: Sightseeing around Bishkek. Accommodation in a 2* Hotel / Guest House
Day 15. Early morning departure.
Conditions and notes:
1) Group members provide personal mountaineering gear for training by themselves.
2) If the group decides to send mountaineering outfit to Bishkek in advance, Kyrgyz Alpine Club can assist with customs clearance.
3) Climbers must have medical insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 45 000.