8 week long ultimate Europe rock climbing road trip through 6 countries. Join the whole trip or just a week or 2 sampling the best sport climbing crags in Europe.
The Europe rock climbing road trip is Rockbusters favourite time of the year. How could it not be? We’re driving across the continent, stopping at all of the most iconic crags and any other you want to visit. You can focus on climbing as much as possible, while experiencing the freedom of the ultimate climbing road trip. We love it and our guests love it, so we do it year after year!
The nature of the Climbing Eurotrip allows you to dip in and out of it as you wish. You can join us for the whole duration (8 weeks) or join us for your favourite locations. The atmosphere of the Rockbusters Eurotrip is legendary. Everyone quickly becomes a part of the Rockbusters family. After weeks on the road, it’s always hard to say goodbye and you’re likely to come back for more next year!
We’ll introduce you to many of Europe’s best climbing locations, like the Frankenjura, Margalef or Ceuse.
You will experience sport climbing at its best, receive expert coaching and guidance, as well as have the most fun you ever have while rock climbing! Join us for the whole duration of the Europe rock climbing road trip or just choose the destinations or dates that work for you. come along for as long or short as you want – we’ll even pick you up from the airport.
Our performance coaching is ongoing throughout the tour. Below are the examples of topics covered:
* Choosing the most suitable climbing gear for your needs and how to use it safely
* Belaying, lead belaying, setting up top-ropes and lead climbing in the way that’s most conducive to learning new rock climbing skills
* Standard climbing calls and best communication practice to ensure safety wherever you go
* Using guidebooks so that you can become a confident, independent climber
* Understanding of objective outdoor risks so you can make it home safely every day
* Cleaning the anchors and routes so you can retrieve all your gear safely
* Movement skills (technique) for more efficient climbing
* Footwork on slabs and vertical faces, using balance and correct feet placements to maximise your efficiency on the rock (for climbers leading f5 or harder)
* Steep climbing techniques (overhangs), resting and saving energy (for climbers leading f6c or harder)
The Europe rock climbing road trip is suitable for climbers of all levels as our experienced team of instructors and guides will plan the itinerary to suit the needs of the whole group. Everybody gets to climb as much as they can, receiving as much coaching as they need.
Our main focus is having long, epic climbing days (without having an epic!). You can tackle many routes each day and spend plenty of time on the rock.
Destinations on the Europe rock climbing road trip
Week 1 - Labské Údolí / Czech Republic
Week 2 - Frankenjura / Germany
Week 3 - Zillertal / Austria
Week 4 - Finale Ligure / Italy
Week 5 - Céüse / France
Week 6 - Gorges du Tarn / France
Week 7 - Margalef / Spain
Week 8 - Rodellar / Spain
Typical day on the Europe rock climbing road trip
8 – 10 am
Wake up, have a relaxing breakfast, coffee in local bakery. We will meet up at 10am to discuss the plan for the day so make sure you are ready to go!
All aboard! We pack into the van and head off to the crag.
11 am - 2 pm
Jump on some warm up climbs and start getting your body moving. Look up for some challenges for the day and figure out the beta. Of course there is always time for some cool coaching.
Lunchtime! Pull out your packed lunch and relax on Spanish sun with great Siurana/Margalef views. This is also a good time to snap some photos.
2.30 - 7pm
Back to climbing. Using what you learned in the morning, and our individualized coaching, start nailing the projects down.
7 - 8pm
Time to relax with a well-earned beer from one of the local climbing bars. We will re-group, discuss the highlights from the day and what the focus will be tomorrow.
Pour yourself some Spanish wine/beer and get something to eat. Who knows where the night will lead… Mañana más y mejor.
There are no rules but most of us will be in bad this time!