6 Days self guided United Kingdom cycling holiday along to cycle Coast to Coast on Wainwrights C2C - Sea to Sea Cycleway
6 Days self guided United Kingdom cycling holiday along Wainwrights Coast to Coast, known as the C2C – Sea to Sea Cycleway.
To cycle Coast to Coast is different from Wainwright’s famous walking trail, and is nicknamed the C2C – Sea to Sea.
The Coast to Coast by bike offers a superb cycle path that immerses you in Northern England’s scenery. Take in the Cumbrian Lakes and Fells, the bleak Pennines, beautiful Dales, and postcard perfect hamlets and villages. Along the way you should find plenty of time to enjoy a traditional cream tea, have a pub lunch and stop at interesting historical and industrial sites. Right at the end of the route you\’ll find a pub to leave your hire bikes and celebrate your completion of the famous C2C.
Why travel with UK Bike Tours
– Start and end points that are easy to get to
– Daily luggage transfers – pedal light and completely focus on enjoying your holiday in England
– Premium 2-4 star accommodation – selected based on comfort, location & character
– Cycle at your own pace, stop when you want
– Option to customise this Great Glen Way cycling tour to suit your private party
– 35+ years of experience, with cycling friends in every corner of Britain
– Fast booking confirmation
– Detailed route notes, maps & GPS directions set up by our own people that live local
– Option to hire an (electric) bike
England’s stunning Coast to Coast cycle route takes riders across the country. Cycle from Whitehaven harbour on the Irish Sea through the Lake District and Peninnes to the shores of the North Sea at Tynemouth.
Highlights when you cycle Coast to Coast
- Ride across England from the Irish Sea to the North Sea
- Enjoy postcard-perfect hamlets and villages as you cycle from coast to coast
- Stay in charming bed & breakfasts with welcoming hosts
- Discover the Lakes District, the Pennines & beautiful Dales
- Industrial heritage, lead mines and the River Tyne
- A challenging, yet fully satisfying, ride
Day-to-Day Itinerary of United Kingdom cycling holiday
Day 1: Arrive in Whitehaven
Day 2: Whitehaven to Keswick (50km / 31 miles)
Day 3: Keswick to Alston (75km / 46.5 miles)
Day 4: Alston to Stanhope (36.1km / 22.4 miles)
Day 5: Stanhope to Tynemouth (67.5km / 42 miles)
Day 6: Arrangements end after breakfast