The Amplified NZ Tour is our most popular trip. It is a16 day New Zealand multi activity holiday jam-packed with New Zealand's top destinations and experiences.
Our most popular trip is a 16 day New Zealand multi activity holiday taking in the top destinations and experiences. We’ll take you to the scenic highlights of the North and South Islands where you’ll discover golden beaches, majestic mountains, Māori culture, surreal landscapes and a big dose of adventure!
From Auckland to Christchurch (or, from Christchurch to Auckland – please see the reverse New Zealand two week itinerary), you’ll soon see that New Zealand is filled with many different landscapes and opportunities for adventure!
This small-group guided amplified NZ Tour of the North and South Island will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupō, Wellington, Kaikōura, Wanaka, Queenstown, Lake Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), and Franz Josef Glacier, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Caves, The Tongariro Crossing and Milford Sound along the way.
Our Amplified tour comes complete with some very special inclusions: experiencing a Māori cultural night traditional hāngī meal, learning haka and poi dance, and carving your very own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef. Join this Haka Tour for an action packed 2 weeks in New Zealand!
Accommodation is included on the last night of your tour, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your New Zealand itinerary.
Amplified NZ Tour Tips:
Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can\’t always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The 16 day New Zealand multi activity holiday price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. Upgrading your accommodation to a two person private room costs $1399. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for the one-night shared cultural experience (Murupara).
If you arrive in Auckland with a few days to spare either before or after your tour, we have a great three-day Bay of Islands Tour which showcases the Northland region of New Zealand.
Day to day plan for Amplified NZ Tour:
Auckland to Coromandel
- We'll kick things off with an iconic Kiwi road trip - leaving the big city and heading to a beachy paradise of oh-so-perfect scenery in the Coromandel. The perfect start to this 16 day New Zealand multi activity holiday.
Coromandel to Rotorua
- The perfect beaches and massive rock arches of Cathedral Cove are calling us this morning - drink in the scenery before we head to Waitomo.
- Today is a free day to explore Rotorua's geothermal wonders or choose your own adventure and cross off some bucket-list activities.
Rotorua to Murupara
- Today you will discover why Rotorua is so unique to the world with its geothermal wonders and Maori culture, before our visit to a living Maori village.
Murupara to Taupo
- It's only a short drive to our next destination, Taupo, and there's plenty to discover along the way.
- Challenge yourself or unwind in style - you've got a full day in Taupo. The famed Tongariro Crossing is today's optional bucket-list item (weather permitting).
Taupo to Wellington
- A drive-by tour of some Lord of the Rings filming locations is part of the long-ish drive today. Foodies and craft beer lovers will savour Wellington's bars and eateries.
Wellington to Kaikoura
- Venture around Wellington before taking a scenic ferry journey across the Cook Strait and get up close and personal with the South Island.
Kaikoura to Christchurch
- The Kaikoura Ranges make for an epic backdrop for all the marine and wildlife activities you can enjoy here including whale watching and dolphin encounter tours.
Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- See the innovative ways Christchurch is rebuilding after the 2011 earthquake, and then get your cameras ready for the turquoise waters and International Dark Sky Reserve of Lake Tekapo.
MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- From the golden tussocklands of MacKenzie Country to the home of bungy-jumping and on to the jaw-dropping beauty surrounding Queenstown. During this 16 day New Zealand multi activity holiday it will feel like you're driving into a postcard.
- This is New Zealand's adventure playground and the perfect spot to check off bucket list items and challenge yourself! For scenery lovers, Milford Sound is a must see option during this Amplified NZ Tour.
Queenstown to Wanaka
- On the way to wondrous Wanaka (cue more towering peaks and another glacial blue lake) we'll stop in at Arrowtown, a charming historic gold rush village.
Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Hot tip: don't nap on the bus! Today's road trip to the UNESCO World Heritage area famous for its glaciers is rated by many of our guides as their favourite.
- Franz Josef Glacier has been around for 18,000 years - it'd be rude not to explore it! Today your tour includes the chance to carve a greenstone pendant.
Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Let's end on a high: heading up the rugged West Coast, we board the famed TranzAlpine train which traverses the Southern Alps to your journey's end in Christchurch.