This 7 day Mauritius Catamaran sea activity holiday and forest hike is for the water as well as nature lovers
This 7 day Mauritius Catamaran sea activity holiday and forest hike is for the water as well as nature lovers. Set sail in the catamaran with a combo of 3 activities (parasailing 1 km, tube ride, undersea walk) and go forest hiking.
You will stay at Casuarina Resort & Spa is a 3 star Mauritian resort located across the beautiful beach of Trou Aux Biches in the North West of Mauritius, 30 mins from the Capital, Port Louis and 10 mins from the lively village of Grand Bay. Known in the past as the fisherman’s village, Trou Aux Biches is very famous for its long stretched white sandy beach, its geographical location and for its outstanding seabed, key area for diving sports and to discover the splendid flora and fauna of the Indian Ocean. The hotel has a unique Tropical architecture, with white walls made of limestone and thatched roofs. Originally built in 1973 with only 15 bungalows, there were 94 rooms expanded onto 7 hectares of timeless landscape of mature trees and swaying coconut trees. Supporting facilities include 3 inviting restaurants, 2 swimming pools, a gym and a Balinean styled Spa.
Day 1 – Arrive in Mauritius
Welcome to Mauritius. Meet and greet at airport and transfer to hotel for check-in at the hotel.
Day 2 – Undersea Walk + Parasailing + Tube Ride + Visit to GRSE Waterfall, Lunch at Ile Aux Cerfs in Catamaran
A memorable cruising experience on a luxurious 16 seat Catamaran with beautiful scenery all around, a waterfall, turquoise blue water, and beautiful white sandy beaches. Explore the local marine life and enjoy the delicious food and beverage. With the local music, jokes, and tales, this will surely lift your spirits and make this trip unforgettable…
First meeting point at Belle Mare for parasailing 1km, 15-20 mins undersea walk and 2 big rounds of fun tube ride.
Second meeting point at Trou D’Eau Douce to cruise in the catamaran to Ile Aux Cerfs, where you will enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch. Along the way you will visit the GRSE waterfall. You will have free time on the island to explore and enjoy the activities on the island.
Day 3 – Mauritius Scenic South Tour
Discover the Southern charm of Mauritius and its scenic sights. This tour has been designed with great diligence and care for nature lovers! This is private, so you can tour the famous landmarks of the south of the island at your own pace with just your family or group.
1. The Model Sailboat Factory - With over 28 years of experience in manufacturing model ships, LaFlotte Ltd (Bobato Ship models), offers a wide range of incomparable and unique exclusive model ships that will amaze you. These are great memories you might have of Mauritian crafts.
2. Trou aux Cerfs - (The famous crater of Mauritius) - This huge natural volcanic crater, 85 m deep and 200 m wide, was formed millions of years ago. Here you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the crater and the town of Curepipe.
3. Grand Bassin - (The sacred lake and the Hindu temple) - Grand Bassin is a lake located 6 km south-east of Mare aux Vacoas in an isolated mountain area in the Savanne region, in the heart of the island Maurice. The lake rests in the crater of an extinct volcano. There you can find a statue of a Hindu god known as \"Shiva\" of 108 feet (33 meters) and it is the tallest statue known in Mauritius (and one of the 50 tallest statues in the world). The sight of Mangal Mahadev statue is quite impressive as it is a beautiful very large designed statue.
4. The Black River Gorges - (point of view of the Alexandra waterfalls) - In addition to the most beautiful beaches, Mauritius is also home to a magnificent national park. It is the only national park in Mauritius that offers a variety of different views, all of which offer captivating views of the mountainous and wooded landscape.
5. The Village of Chamarel - (including the Chamarel waterfall and the land of seven colors) - As part of the visit to the village of Chamarel, you will also have a superb view of the magnificent Chamarel waterfall. By many it is considered the most beautiful waterfall in Mauritius and the colored earth is just an incredible sight of how the ground can take on different colors due to the weather.
Day 4 – Leisure Day at Hotel
Today, you can enjoy the complimentary activities and facilities at the hotel like kayak, Pedalo, glass bottom, gym and spa services amongst others.
Day 5 – The Black River Forest Hike
The Black River Gorges National Park, 67.54 km² of pure, wild, nature. The heart of Mauritius Island, home of many endemic species!
It offers a great discovery of the nature of the island. The trails leads us to many different viewpoints where we enjoy a few breaks contemplating the different parts of the park and its surroundings. At 400m above sea level, we start our way back down to finally be reaching the river where we can enjoy a nice swim before heading back to the starting point, where we’ve met a few hours earlier.
The hike lasts more or less 3 hours. Walking distance: 6km; Elevation gain: 350m; Elevation loss: 350m
Day 6 – Leisure Day at Hotel
Today, you can enjoy the complimentary activities and facilities at the hotel or you can request our ‘Design your own trip’ option if you wish to do any specific activity on the island, we will organize to make it happen for you!
Day 7 – Departure Day
The driver will pick you up from the hotel and bid you goodbye at the airport and you shall receive an assistance till your check-in to ensure that everything is alright, in the hope of seeing you again in Mauritius.