Enjoy kayaking the Mreznica Canyon in Croatia - full of amazing waterfalls, up to 8m! Kayak, swim, jump from cliffs, go down waterslides - fantastic!
Kayaking the Mreznica Canyon near Plitvice, Croatia
– Kayaking Mreznica, the most beautiful river in this part of Croatia
– 1.5 h from Zagreb and 45 min from Plitvice Lakes
– Beginners can participate
– Children from 6 y.o. are welcome
The upper part of Mreznica River consists of a long row of waterfalls, including the second highest of the entire river, which is 8 m. Cascade waterfalls create pools of warm water between them, which make for perfect refreshment away from the coast and the beach crowd. Rafting/kayaking on river Mreznica takes 2 – 3 hours and has elements of Canyoning (natural water slides, showering under waterfalls, jumping from high cliffs, walking through the canyon).
Kayaking the Mreznica Canyon near Plitvice, Croatia: Itinerary
- Meeting at our river base
- Changing and preparing for the tour
- Transfer to the starting position
- Safety talk
- 2,5 h river experience with breaks
- End of the trip, changing in dry clothes and transfer back to the base
Bring with you:
- Swimming shorts/bathing suit
- Beach shoes, if you have them
- Drinking water
- Snacks / food, sunscreen
- Necessary personal medicine, if you use it
Kupa Sports - Rafting & Kayaking base Mreznica, Tržič Tounjski 91, 47264, Tounj
- Normal physical ability
- Minimum age of 6 years accompanied by parent
- No previous experience is necessary
- If you are allergic to bee stings, have suffering from heart issues or similar chronic diseases, please tell us prior to the trip
Intensity of the trip:
- Active & exciting, but physically not very demanding
For this tour we use comfortable, two-seater, sit-on-top, inflatable kayaks (brands: Rob Fin or Aqua Design), because they best suit the terrain.
We also provide all the safety equipment: life jacket, helmet, as well as neoprene shoes, wet suit (if needed).
We exclusively use first-rate, European-manufactured equipment with the CE-certificate for conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.