A half day New Zealand horse riding experience, honing your horsemanship skills followed by a picturesque ride through Rangitikei hill country wilderness.
Harmony With Horses is a half day New Zealand horse riding experience. It combines a challenge packed natural horsemanship session, followed by a freestyle ride over the spectacular Rangitikei hill country which is suitable for all abilities.
We start with building a trusting relationship between you and your horse. It does not matter if you are new to horses or they have been a part of your life forever. We work with you at the level you need to be working at.
Next we take you and your horse, who is now your partner, out into the beautiful country side of River Valley. Here you will have the opportunity to try everything you learnt beforehand. You will be riding over the hills, taking in the spectacular scenery, and if you are up for it, cantering through the fields.
Plan for half day New Zealand horse riding experience
- Our treks depart daily, at either 9am or 1pm.
- Arrive and check in at River Valley Lodge before your trek.
- Then, head to the stables where you will get kitted out with a helmet, chaps and boots, and meet your horse.
- Spend some time in the yard and the paddock at the stables, where your guide will teach you how we use natural horsemanship techniques and ride our horses freestyle with a rope halter.
- Once have built a bond with your horse, you will head off into the hills for a ride. If you are feeling confident there will be opportunities to canter. We ride through private farm land, which features some beautiful scenery that not many people get to see.
- Arrive back at the stables at either 12pm or 4pm.