Explore Hastings Caves, Tahune, and Huon Valley on this full-day multi-activity tour in Tasmania, Australia.
Explore our full-day multi-activity tour in Tasmania, Australia.
You will truly enjoy this one-of-a-kind day tour to this underexplored region of Tasmania which showcases everything that makes Tasmania famous, from fruit orchards to forests.
Departing from Hobart, this day adventure takes you deep into the south of Tasmania along the southernmost road in Australia so you can explore the highlights of this stunning region.
Discover why our island was once referred to as the Apple Isle as you drive through the many orchards of the Huon Valley. We drive along the tranquil Huon River and through the historic riverside village of Franklin to reach Hastings Caves and Tahune Adventures.
Soak in the views as we travel further south where we will warm up with a dip in the 28-degree swimming pool which is fed by thermal springs before heading underground as we explore Hastings Cave on a guided cave tour. Hastings Caves is the biggest dolomite cave open to the public in Australia. During October to April, we enjoy lunch at the charming Kermandie Hotel before embarking to Tahune Adventures.
From water to sky, walk high amongst the treetops at Tahune Adventures. See some of the oldest trees living trees in Australia on the Huon Pine Trail, swing across a river on the swinging bridge, or walk 30 metres above the forest floor on the Tahune airwalk.
Full-Day Multi-Activity Tour in Tasmania, Australia: Itinerary
Leaving Hobart, we quickly we descend into the bucolic Huon Valley as we embark on our two hour drive. Stopping for a rest at lovely bakery in Huonville then again at the quaint wooden boat building town of Franklin.
• Enjoy the tranquil river views as we drive through the beautiful winding roads of the Deep South to our first destination, Hastings Caves and the thermal pool.
• Feeling chilly? Warm up in the nearby swimming pool which is fed by thermal springs. The water is 28 degrees Celsius all year.
• Head underground with a specialist guide to explore the largest dolomite cave open to visitors in Australia. See spectacular stalactites, columns, shawls and stalagmites. The cave is spacious with no narrow passages, however, there are 250 stairs with handrails leading in and out of the cave.
• On our way to Tahune Adventures during the summer months, we stop at the historic Kermandie Hotel. Built in 1932, the charming Kermandie remains the heart of Port Huon. Here you can enjoy a delicious lunch with spectacular views over its private marina on the Huon River.
• Next, we explore more of the Huon Valley as we wind through the countryside to Tahune Adventures. Spend 1.5 hours exploring the forest at Tahune Adventures. Walk among the treetops on the Airwalk – a steel canopy that overlooks the forest floor 30 metres below. Breathe deep as you do a forest walk and be brave as you cross the river on a swinging bridge.
• Follow the Huon Pine Trail to see and smell one of Australia’s oldest living trees. Find out how fire has affected the forest and see first-hand the natural regeneration that occurs in a forest environment.
• We aim to get you back to Hobart around 5:30pm.