Whether you are surfing for the first time or looking to refresh your technique the Cornwall beginner surfing experience at Widemouth Bay Beach will suit you!
Whether you are surfing for the first time or looking to improve your technique, a surfing lesson in Bude with an experienced instructor, is a great way to give you the skills and confidence you could be looking for!
By far the best way to start surfing or to improve your ability is to get instruction from skilled and experienced coaches. It is amazing how simple it is to get riding waves when provided with appropriate instruction, practical knowledge and the right equipment. In fact, we guarantee to get you riding waves! And when you’re up on that surfboard riding your first wave, it will be one of the most exhilarating experiences you’ll ever have!
Whether you’re an absolute beginner and want to try surfing for the first time, or you’ve surfed before and want to improve your skills and technique, our friendly instructors will get you surfing with confidence.
Our Cornwall beginner surfing experience at Widemouth Bay Beach are held in small groups that allow for more personal attention. All equipment is included and the sessions are between 2 – 2.5 hours in length. We also offer one-to-one and large group surf sessions, please contact us for more information on these.
Plan for Cornwall beginner surfing experience at Widemouth Bay Beach
1. Book Your Lesson Today
2. Arrive to meet your friendly qualified surf instructor at Widemouth Beach.
3. Get Kitted Up with your quality CircleOne wetsuit and super slick soft Surfboard. Now it’s time for you to head down the soft sand towards the surf looking like a radical surfer. But wait, you are not ready to hit the surf just yet!
3. Learn about safety on the beach, the parts of your surfboard and how and to move out in to the water. Then it’s time to talk about catching waves and how to ride them smiling all the way to the beach. Learn to turn, stop and of course the best bit – a controlled W-W–W—W WIPEOUT!
4. Gently Warm up your muscles and get your blood moving around your body with a beach game. Then let your instructor guide you through some very important stretching and a bit of fun beach yoga.
5. Now its time to Hit The Surf to practice your new surfing skills. The first ten minutes is spent learning how to catch and ride waves laying down (a bit like bodyboarding) and controlling your board all the way to the beach. This time is essential for people to become one with their surfboards and to understand the basics. Only then will you be ready for the next step.
6. Regroup on the beach and go through Standing on your surfboard. Get your style down and pick up some tips from the instructor before heading back in the water to get your surfing groove on. With the expert help and advice on hand you will be up and riding in now time at all. Sometimes we take a waterproof camera on session with us so that you will have some photos of you shredding in Cornwall.
The Taster Surf Lesson is exactly what is says on the tin. If you are looking to have a little taste of what surfing is about or refresh your memory of the basics then the Taster Surf Lesson is where to start!
7. By the end of your surf session you will be confidently riding waves. You would have also earned yourself a beverage!