A 7 day/6 night enduro Czech mountain biking holiday visiting several significant singletrack locales. This tour will lead you through the rocky world of the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland National Parks, into deep forests, and over scenic points in the Lusatian and Jizera Mountains.
This is a fantastic off-road journey for experienced riders. So endurance and trail riding abilities are necessary. The tour route includes bike transfers between famous singletrack areas in northern Bohemia. Three most popular singletrack areas are included – Sněžník trails, Ještěd trails and Singltrek Pod Smrkem trails.
The bike tour hits a number of summits with a mesmerizing view. Along the way there are two overnight stays on mountain peaks: one in a mountain chalet with a friendly barkeeper and one in a stylish and comfortable design hotel. Won’t it be great to awaken “above the clouds”?
At the start and end of the tour, you’ll stay in a 4-star wellness hotel. We’ll celebrate the final stage of the tour with a cookout at a legendary mountain biker bar. Our tour route goes along the border, zigzagging between the Czech Republic and Germany.
Your luggage will ride in the tour car, which is also stocked with snacks and drinks for each trip. Biking in two groups with max. 8 riders with a local guide.
1. Individual arrival at the Ostrov Hotel
2. A day spent in the Sněžník trail area with uphills and downhills with technical sections. Sněžník, at 723 m above sea level, is the highest and largest table mountain in the Czech Republic. On its slopes there are trails built and ridden by local riders. Go try them all.
Distance: 30 – 40 km / 19 – 25 miles, 1000 hm
Snack at the lookout tower on the terrace with a beautiful view of the hill country.
3. Today we start our tour. A rocky trail will take you to Europe’s deepest sandstone rock canyon and at its bottom the Elbe River (el. 119 m) the lowest elevation in the Czech Republic. We will climb a lot though. Our day trip hits a number of summits in the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland National Parks area with summits around 700 m.
We finish our ride at the peak of Jedlová (el. 774 m), where a small mountain chalet will be our shelter for the night. In the morning you can enjoy a stunning view from the old stone watchtower at the top.
Distance: 67 km / 42 miles, 2400 hm
4. After breakfast we’ll continue through the Lusatian mountains to Ještěd. We will crest the highest Lusatian mountain, Luž (el. 793 m) and continue to the Ještěd trail area. Now we’re in the Jizera range. Today has lots of ascents and descents in store for us.
Our accommodation is at a unique hotel in the TV tower atop Ještěd (el. 1012 m), which was awarded the Perret Prize for modern architecture in 1972. There’s also a bike park on the slopes of Ještěd.
Distance: 50 km / 32 miles – 2000 hm
5. Great! We’ll hit the Ještěd bike park in the morning. Thanks to our stay on the top of the hill it’s right by our hotel. There are trails for all skill levels. A quick ride past the town of Liberec brings us at last to the biggest, and most famous, singletrack trail area in the Czech Republic – Singltrek Pod Smrkem.
Even the ride there is a nice natural enduro trail, so the tour offers a lot of mountain biking fun. The ride there is short and there is all afternoon for getting a taste of the splendid trails at Singltrek Pod Smrkem.
We’re lodged in a legendary local trail B&B where we can celebrate our tour and the past few days. We’ll have a cookout with local food and, of course, local beer.
Distance: 45 km / 28 miles – 1300 hm
6. We’ll spend our last half-day of riding exploring Singltrek Pod Smrkem. There are 80 km of trails offering a lot of fun with tracks of various difficulties. Your guides will take you on their favorite trails or give you tips for a day of independent exploring and biking freedom.
In the afternoon there is a return transfer to the Ostrov Hotel where you can relax in the wellness facilities or have a swim. Finally, we’ll have a farewell dinner in the evening.
Distance: up to 80 km / 50 miles of great trails
7. Individual departure
* 6 x accomodation with breakfast (3 x 4* wellness hotel; 1x 4* TV tower hotel, 2 x mountain B&B)
* Free entry in the wellness (swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna) at the wellness hotel
* Car parking during the tour
* 6x dinner (incl. 1x bikers barbecue)
* 5x lunch
* free energy drink for each day
* 5x days guided tours, incl. 3 trails areas – Sněžník, Ještěd, Pod Smrkem
* groups max 8 persons
* Luggage transfer and accompanying car each trip day
* Return transfer from Singl Pod Smrkem to Hotel Ostrov on the 6th day
Min. number of participants: 8
DURATION: 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
SPORT LEVEL: Advanced