Operating since 1973, Walkers’ Britain specialises in self guided walking holidays in the United Kingdom & Europe.
Celebrating 50 Years On The Trails in 2023. Walkers’ Britain offered their first walking holiday in England in 1973 as Sherpa Expeditions, pioneering self-guided hotel-based hiking in Great Britain.
Since our start, we have amassed an unrivalled wealth of experience researching, designing and operating innovative active holidays in the UK and Europe. Calling the UK our home and with over five decades of traveller feedback to help us refine our tours, you can trust us to give you the very best walking experience in Britain & Europe.
Our new name Walkers’ Britain reflects our expertise and pioneering take on hiking the British trails. Whether you are travelling on a guided or self guided holiday, this experience and years of evolution and refinement mean that we know the trails less travelled and services required to help you get the most out of each corner of the UK & Europe that you travel to.
Popular destinations that continue to receive glowing reviews include:
– Wainwright’s Coast to Coast: small groups, self guided, 15-18 days, sections and various routes
– Hotel-based Tour du Mont Blanc following the classic route
– Swiss Alps: Via Alpina, Bernese Oberland, Walkers’ Haute Route & more
– Cotswolds: for quintessential English walking or cycling
– West Highland Way
– Dolomites & Apuane Alps
– Madeira Island: for year-round island hikes
– Hadrian’s Wall
– Cornwall’s South West Coast Path
– Norway’s Fjordland