Wabakimi Wilderness Park is the world's largest wilderness area for canoeing and fishing.
Wabakimi Wilderness Park is HUGE! 5 million acres (2.5 million hectares) of unspoiled boreal forest, dozens of rivers, hundreds of lakes… but only 700 visitors per year! Wabakimi Outfitters is a small family business offering wilderness fishing. Owner Bruce Hyer created the park and many call him “Mr. Wabakimi”
Wabakimi Outfitters offers:
* 4 Star drive-to main base/Lodge
* 6 fly-in remote cabins on private lakes for families, fishing, naturalists
* 1 train-in outpost
* Guided or self-guided canoe trips
* Float plane service
* Maps, permits, advice, trip planning
A beautiful vacation rental house on a lake near Thunder Bay, Ontario is also available:
* Sand beach, beautiful SAUNA!, fishing boat, canoe, kayaks
* 3 comfortable bedrooms, living room, dining area, full kitchen, BBQ, DVD\’s, CD\’s, high quality 7 channel stereo and home theatre
* Spectacular view overlooking the lake from large deck or living room
* Totally private. Only one group at a time, up to ten people
* Very secluded and peaceful, but easily accessible by car. Fishing (walleye, pike, bass, whitefish) Year round
* Snowshoeing too!